Saturday, September 5, 2009

Sweet sleepless, tumbling night

today I said,
I would sleep
things I haven't yet found on my journey;

self control

I also said, no more popsicles

In my defense, I was so close and then the wind and rain came knocking at my window and it reminded me of this song I once knew and it made me want to dance around.

plus this bed is too big and too high
and I'm too small and too sober

if you were here...when you get here...things can be just right

I've had a fair bit of time to spend listening which is why I haven't been reading
I can't seem to swallow silence these days.
When the sun comes back and the rain retreats until it's needed again, I'll head to the Palace gardens and read among the noises of the world spinning.
until then I'll be listening to this.

http://www.myspace.com/imogenheap

I dare you to tell me it's not the music equivalent to drinking champagne

No comments:

Post a Comment