Friday, August 21, 2009

I don't think we're in Kansas anymore Toto!

Oh hello friends!

it's been incredibly hot here this past week, but from what I hear things are the same over on your side, so I'm not asking for sympathy, just something to say. Last night at some point mega rains made way and today is much cooler.
So here's the least interesting post of all time.
What have I been doing here, just kinda chilling out (maxing, relaxing all cool). I've watched A LOT of t.v shows. namely Entourage and Dirty Sexy Money.
so maybe let's talk about that for a minute.
Hands up if you've watched Dirty Sexy Money?!
maybe it's due to lack of choice, but I kinda love this show. well love. maybe not, but I find it incredibly entertaining and though I hate to admit it, Karen Darling is my new Idol.
(watch it and then judge away- ya maybe I am that shallow)
but it's been canceled, which got me to thinking about how shows just don't last like they used to, everything has been done and done again, every character, and story line, again and again.
In fact thinking about the ridiculous abundance of t.v. shows that exist had me going on an internal rant for quite sometime. Because even the shows I like run out of ways to really draw me in after a season or two, but then I thought, maybe it's just my brain catching up to my eyes and saying "there's better things you could be doing"
I've also been reading (better things), not as much as I'd like to be, but consciously taking my time since I don't have access to the amount of reading material that I'd like to, or that it's simply not in my best interest to accumulate a large collection of books while traveling. I did find a book store in town yesterday with an impressive amount of English books, at least 10 that I had to convince myself that I didn't need until I finish the 2 I'm reading right now.

Currently reading : The Witch of Portobello - Paulo Coelho and Everything is Illuminated - Jonathan Safran Foer
I don't know just yet how I feel about either, I'm well into the first and only a few pages into the second. I always read like this, maybe I do everything in life like this. 70/30 jumping back and forth.
The Witch of Portobello makes me anxious. it's well written no doubt and interesting, but something about it has me rolling my eyes the whole time - which as you can imagine makes reading quite difficult.
Everything is Illuminated starts off strange, maybe it's brilliant and I don't know my ass from my elbow, especially when it comes to literature. But (prime example) it feels like the kind of book that you need to be in the mood for. Apparently - I'm not in the mood.

I guess more importantly I'm looking for a job, I went into town yesterday and there are plenty of cafes to ask about, but the majority of them, perhaps due to the heat wave were pretty much empty. I was planning on going back tonight when perhaps it's more lively and cooled down, but the sky is threatening to give way again, so we shall see.
I'm also looking into hostles, I think it would be fun and interesting to work in that kind of environment while travelling myself, a good opportunity to meet a bunch a people and get to know different places.
that's kinda it.
Happy Friday!

Oh, I heard there was a Tornado in Toronto last night. Hope you're all safe and sound.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment