Wednesday, August 5, 2009

am I supposed to take a picture of the phone booth?

So.
I'm not even sure where to begin.
London - I'd rather be dead.

i'll break this down as nicely as possible, it's a lot, and most of which is probably not worth mentioning, but what else do I have to do while waiting for my ipod to charge?

it started with a 7 am wake up on Saturday (Aug 1st) morning, followed by a 65 euro taxi ride to the airport.
then an hour wait to check in, only to find out that we had to pay an extra 18 euro each for our luggage tickets, which we had to go to a new line up for.

Aer Lingus- you suck.

arrive at Gatwick. Lug 30 lbs of carry on through the longest corridor ever. roll through customs, pick up 50 lbs backpacks head to change our money and get the train into London.

it's lunch time in Germany, but we're in London so I guess we'll wait.

30 minute train to Victoria station - massive line up for tube tickets - have lost the feeling in both my arms. Grab the tube to Glouster Station - trek to Hotel. check in. drop bags. collapse onto bed.
Get in contact with some of J's friends who are around and make tracks to do some shopping so that we have appropriate attire for London night life.
food and shopping 2 of my favorite things. day is looking up

Meet friends at bar soho - 1 Scottish, 1 New Zealander, 1 Aussie, former Brit. or 2 Sarah's and a Denzil - all lovely.
(met some drag queens out front of club G A Y- they told me I was beautiful and cursed me for my appearance after a day of travel- they were also lovely)
we moved on to some pub, but only after being propositioned for club 101, 49 and 62.
the Sarah's peace out after pub drinks and the boys and I roam the streets for something good. we wrangle some street hustler and he gives us a deal in to club soho, where the drinks apparently are always doubles.
dance dance dance - FINALLY!!!!

leave and grab a rickshaw ride to club 101, or 49, or 62
where the phrase, "no thanks, i'm here with someone" translates into "sure, I've got a minute to bump and grind"
dance dance dance

it seems in London taxi are often replaced by a series of regualr dudes and their cars that will bargin you a price to get home. we have 15 quid between us and it's a long way home. but bargin we do and we're off.

wake up in the morning to this;
Jez (turns over in bed with a piece of leafy branch in his hand) : where the hell did this come from?

- answer for those interested; it came from just out front and around the corner, I felt as though we could use something to spruce the place up a bit


lazy sunday - decided to be touristy, but what to do?
and then this revalation came about:
THE INTERNET IS A LIFE RUINER
it pretty much sucks the fun out of a lot of things, we took to the internet to explore all that London has to offer, as a result, we explored London from our hotel room, and no longer felt the need to trek around the city hungover.
Besides, there's a lot more to a citys charm than it's renouned landmarks.
we took a walk anyway and passed by Big Ben and the London Eye (oooh, ahhh)
grabbed some late as lunch and called it a day.
I later went to go see Harry Potter. but thats not really worth mentioning
- Katie, you are right. it's worth the gingerlicious everytime...is it wrong that i'm jealous of Lave?

internet Cafe is closing in 3 minutes, so we'll have to explore the remaining highs and lows of London some other time. Believe me there's more.

next time on I ain't lost just wandering: Denzil and Jane make 4.

(german blogger does not recognize my shit english spelling errors...sorry folks)

No comments:

Post a Comment