Monday, May 3, 2010

eyebrows

I'm at home
home home
like the house where I grew up, in my old room
and just came from hanging out with one of my oldest (and dearest) friends
earlier tonight I was rummaging through boxes of my stuff and fell into a well of nostalgia
old pictures, journals, concert tickets, pieces of the past
lying in bed reflecting on life
all I can really think is,
what was up with my eyebrows circa 1999'-2003?

This vacation is winding down, being home was like a stop at a service station
I feel good
refueled, oil changed, trashes emptied and a brand new vanilla scented tree hanging from the rear view mirror.

In advance, to anyone I miss this time around. I'll be back, and we'll have more to talk about.

I'm not gone yet though

my mouth is already salivating for tomorrow's dinner with my extended family, while my ears are buzzing waiting to be filled with beautiful melodies on Tuesday, and my arm is already swelling in anticipation of being painted Wednesday, with my stomach practicing contractions for fits of laughter Thursday night.
Not to mention all the Babes in between....(this means most of you)
so I'll get to bed now and rest these eyes so they're prepared for your beauty....

Goodnight Lovers, Goodnight Thieves

No comments:

Post a Comment